mattcard.it and mattcard.com Privacy Notice
MattCard is committed to protecting our users’ privacy. Please read this Privacy Notice to see how your personal data will be processed when you use or register on www.mattcard.com, speak to a member of our Customer Service team, or interact in any other way with MattCard.
What personal data does MattCard collect?
MattCard collects personal data when it is directly provided by the user or when you visit our website, for example:
- Information about the user and the company for which the user works when you register on our website. This information may include the user’s name and contact details, the name and details of the company, and email address.
- We may also store some details about how our website is used, clicks on ads, searched products, purchased products, and which information is downloaded. Marketing emails that are sent out may also automatically register whether the email has been received and if a link in the marketing material has been visited. We use this information to measure our performance and also to personalise our promotional messages and adverts.
How does MattCard use personal data?
Depending on how the user interacts with MattCard and which types of consent are provided, we use personal data for the following purposes:
- To process sales orders.
- To manage the online account.
- To handle and respond to queries or complaints received by our Customer Service team.
- For market analysis and research; for example, we may contact the user to get feedback about our products and services.
- To send marketing messages and display targeted adverts if the user has provided consent or otherwise agreed for us to send advertising.
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations.
These are legal grounds for our processing of personal data according to the data protection law:
- Data processing is necessary for the performance of a contract between us and the user or for taking steps prior to entering into the contract (for example, if you make a purchase, we use personal data to process the payment and process the order).
- Data processing is in MattCard’s legitimate interests and in your company’s legitimate interests when you issue orders on behalf of the company.
- We have obtained your consent. For example, when you have contacted us with a query, when you have added optional information to your account profile, and if you have agreed to receive marketing material.
- Compliance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR).
With whom does MattCard share personal data?
MattCard shares personal data in the following cases:
- Service providers: we provide information to service providers that act on our behalf (for example, companies that provide digital marketing services such as advice about products, statistical analysis, analysis and understanding of business and operations, website organisation, etc.);
- The sell-off of a company or business: if the company is sold off, our customers’ personal data may be disclosed to a potential buyer. If this occurred, we would make all reasonable endeavours to ensure that the purchaser remained bound by the terms in this Privacy Notice.
MattCard could also disclose personal data if we held that said disclosure was necessary for protecting MattCard’s rights or property or MattCard’s personal safety or that of our customers, employees or the public or when otherwise legally authorised to do so.
Where and for how long does MattCard retain personal data?
We retain personal data for as long as necessary for the abovementioned purposes. This period of time may therefore vary depending on our interactions with you. For example, when a purchase contract is finalised, we retain a copy for the amount of time required for invoicing, taxation, and accounting and tax obligations.
As soon as we no longer need to retain the information, it is erased. Please note that when you unsubscribe from marketing communications, we do not send any emails.
Information is stored by the provider.
What does MattCard do to protect personal data?
MattCard always aims to offer the highest standards of service and security for our customers.
Information about online personal profiles and accounts is password protected so that it can only be accessed by the user.
How does MattCard use personal data for marketing?
Unless you have opted out of this option when registering your account or making a purchase, MattCard can send you emails or text messages or phone you to advertise MattCard products and services. Furthermore, we may occasionally send advertising directly by post about products that we think may be of interest to you.
Some or all of these marketing messages will probably be tailored to your preferences based on what we know about you or the company for which you work. These preferences are based, for example, on your online personal profile, your previous searches and browsing history on mattcard.com, and purchasing activities.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from MattCard, at any time you can:
- Contact the Marketing department
You may see MattCard business and market news on third-party websites, including social media channels. This business and market news may be tailored to your interests. The viewing of business and market news on social media may occur based on an agreement between MattCard and the social network that displays business and market news to our customers or to users that match the demographic profile of our customers. In some cases, this may entail sharing a user’s email address with the social network.
How can I access, update, correct or erase personal data?
You can update or erase personal data by contacting MattCard’s marketing department.
MattCard will fulfil any request to exercise these rights in accordance with applicable law. However, please note that these rights are subject to a number of restrictions and there may be circumstances in which we are not able to fulfil a request.